Tuesday, September 14, 2004

WTF?

  • That's such an interesting phrase. The first time I saw it, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it meant. I thought it had something to do with the World Trade Center, and I suppose in a way it does. I know that's what I said when I heard about it.
  • I guess because it's September that's what I've been thinking about a lot lately. No one can deny it was an awful thing. The definition of tragic.
  • But now, it's like we're living a rather Orwellian existance. Big Brother is watching us all the time. . .
  • I can understand the need for safety, of course. We can't let what happen in 2001 happen again. But you know, it seems like the people that are paying the most are the everyday people who just want to hop a plane to Vegas for the weekend or go visit Grandma in Des Moines. But geez, the thought of going through airport security keeps me away, let me tell you. At this point, if i can't drive there, I don't really want to go!
  • But you know, if all this security stuff at airports is going to stay, can't they make it more attractive? It all looks so. . . well, slapped together. They KNOW people have to take off their shoes to get them scanned--have somewhere to sit so we can put them back on again! Get rid of the folding tables at the gates and put up real counters. Good heavens, just because it's security doesn't mean it can't be color coordinated with the rest of the airport!
  • At least hire hunky professionals to go through my lingerie when I'm randomly selected for search!

No comments: